Javier Beltran, MD
Musculoskeletal MRI Specialist
American Board of Radiology, Board Certified
Dr. Javier Beltran joins Radisphere with extensive research and experience in the field of musculoskeletal MRI. A pioneer in musculoskeletal MRI, Dr. Beltran serves as Chairman of the Department of Radiology at Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY. He also served as Chief of the Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology at Ohio State University. Widely published and respected in the field of musculoskeletal radiology, Dr. Beltran’s many publications and international lectures have focused on bone and joint imaging to further both his own subspecialty experience and to share knowledge with others in the field.
- Diagnostic Radiology (Chief Resident), Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Former Assistant Professor of Radiology, Chief, Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Associate Professor of Radiology Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Former Clinical Professor of Radiology New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Current Chairman, Department of Radiology Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Former Chairman, Department of Radiology Hospital for Joint Diseases, Orthopedic Institute, New York, NY
- Three books, over 100 articles, 15 book chapters, 25 scientific exhibits, and served in various editorial capacities. Summer 2005 he served as Guest Editor for MRI Clinics of North America issue dedicated to elbow, hand, and wrist.
- Over 300 lectures in National and International forums
- Inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Radiology (10% of members are selected for this honor)
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American, European, and International Skeletal Societies