Javier Beltran, MD
Musculoskeletal MRI Specialist
American Board of Radiology, Board Certified
Dr. Javier Beltran joins Radisphere with extensive research and experience in the field of musculoskeletal MRI. A pioneer in musculoskeletal MRI, Dr. Beltran serves as Chairman of the Department of Radiology at Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY. He also served as Chief of the Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology at Ohio State University. Widely published and respected in the field of musculoskeletal radiology, Dr. Beltran’s many publications and international lectures have focused on bone and joint imaging to further both his own subspecialty experience and to share knowledge with others in the field.
- Diagnostic Radiology (Chief Resident), Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Former Assistant Professor of Radiology, Chief, Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Associate Professor of Radiology Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Former Clinical Professor of Radiology New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Current Chairman, Department of Radiology Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Former Chairman, Department of Radiology Hospital for Joint Diseases, Orthopedic Institute, New York, NY
- Three books, over 100 articles, 15 book chapters, 25 scientific exhibits, and served in various editorial capacities. Summer 2005 he served as Guest Editor for MRI Clinics of North America issue dedicated to elbow, hand, and wrist.
- Over 300 lectures in National and International forums
- Inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Radiology (10% of members are selected for this honor)
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American, European, and International Skeletal Societies
Despite its importance to hospital economics and patient care, radiology lags substantially behind other healthcare practices in terms of quality standards. Without comprehensive or consistent quality standards, it is nearly impossible for the practice of radiology to be held accountable for superior, let alone good, service.
Through the direction of the Radiology Quality Institute, Radisphere has integrated the industry’s most stringent performance standards into our care model. In fact, we are pushing the level of accountability within the industry through our 100% commitment to these standards. We not only hold our radiology services accountable to diagnostic accuracy, appropriate utilization and service level excellence; but we also enable system-wide accountability to these standards through our radiology enterprise management solutions.
Our Radiology Performance Standards are:
- Final Reports: Improve accuracy and consistency with final reports 24×7, standardized templates and diagnostic checklists
- Turnaround Time: Deliver final reports within contracted TATs
- Communication: Provide consultations and proactive communication of critical findings within 60 minutes
- Specialization: Provide complete subspecialty coverage and ensure all complex and high-risk imaging is read by the appropriate subspecialist
- Diagnostic Accuracy: Maintain a <2% error rate with comprehensive quality programs that include prospective peer review of all studies and concurrence review of high risk studies
- Utilization: Analyze utilization data by physician, site of care and modality and maintain a <10% follow-up imaging rate
- By establishing best practice criteria and setting standards by which to measure the performance of radiologists and radiology providers, the entire practice of radiology is elevated to a new level of value to referring physicians, hospitals at large, and the entire health system. As a result, health systems can better evaluate and manage the performance of their radiology enterprise to ensure radiologists are providing the best service to referring physicians and hospitals are providing the best service to patients.
- RQI Radiology Performance Standards
- Radisphere Performance Scorecard
- Radiology Enterprise Management Brochure
- RadVision Service Datasheet
- Creating a New Standard in Radiology White Paper
- RQI eBook: 10 Best Practices for Remodeling Radiology
Thomas Pope, MD
Breast Imaging Specialist
American Board of Radiology, Board Certified
Thomas Pope, M.D. is an internationally recognized musculoskeletal radiologist and has been recognized by the ACR as an Expert in Breast Imaging. He is a guest examiner in Breast Imaging for the American Board of Radiology. He has published extensively and has worked as a highly regarded manuscript reviewer for prominent radiology publications. Dr. Pope is a frequent Visiting Professor at the prestigious Armed Forces Institute of Pathology.
- Diagnostic Radiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Former Professor of Radiology & Orthopaedics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Former Boerhaave Endowed Professor, Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Former Visiting Scientist and now Visiting Faculty Lecturer, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Musculoskeletal Section Former Associate Professor of Radiology & Orthopaedics, Wake Forest Univ., Winston-Salem NC
- Former Assistant/Associate Professor of Radiology & Director of General Diagnosis Section, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Former Assistant Professor of Radiology, Director of Primary Care Radiology & Mammography, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Serves as manuscript and book reviewer for American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR), Radiology, and Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, as well as maintains positions as Assistant, Associate, and Managing Editor for various prominent radiology publications.
- American College of Radiology
- American Board of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- International Skeletal Society
- Radiology Society of North America
- Society of Skeletal Radiology
Our Solutions for Health Systems
Radisphere’s Radiology Enterprise Management (REM) solutions enable health systems that are thinking about the shift towards value to measure and improve their enterprise-wide radiology performance. They allow health systems to establish a common set of radiology standards, gain transparency into performance, and ensure compliance. As a result, health systems are able to eliminate errors, variation, and waste across the enterprise, improving the overall quality and cost of patient care.
Radiology Solutions & Management
Our REM solutions include cloud-based technology and are packaged as two distinct service offerings, RadVision and RadPerform.
RadVision services enable systems to:
- Create complete transparency into performance against enterprise-wide standards
- Establish statistically significant, unbiased quality data for true comparisons
- Establish internal and national benchmarking and analytics
- Identify clinical variation across the system and opportunities for optimization
RadPerform services enable systems to:
- Actively manage performance and leverage scale to eliminate clinical variation
- Reduce labor costs through prospective capacity planning and resource allocation
- Reduce unnecessary utilization with real-time decision support by place of service
- Reduce downstream cost in a population health environment
- Facilitate the timely communication of critical findings and consultations
- Access national teleradiology networks as needed to optimize compliance to standards
These services are built upon a cloud-based workflow management technology platform that enables a common worklist and reporting structure across all system facilities and providers. They are delivered on top of and agnostic to existing technology (i.e., PACS, RIS, EMR) and radiology groups. Systems can manage their radiology enterprise in an integrated fashion and optimize performance to improve quality of care in identified opportunity areas, manage unnecessary utilization, and reduce downstream medical costs.